The company’s work falls into four broad categories:
We assist our clients to develop policies, which in the past have included:
- national and municipal infrastructure investment and finance,
- income, tariff and subsidy policies,
- municipal performance management, and
- municipal service regulation.
We assist clients with strategic planning, including:
- economic planning,
- infrastructure investment and financial planning,
- regulatory strategies,
- development planning, and
- environmental management.
The company provides management support to clients, in, amongst others, the areas of:
- public-private partnerships,
- establishment of new business practices,
- institutional and organisational transformation and corporatisation, and
- financial planning.
The company undertakes research in the fields of water and sanitation, infrastructure economics, and public finance. This emphasis on research makes PDG unusual for a private firm, influencing its work profile and the structure of its organisation. The professional staff is highly qualified and the company has established relationships with a number of universities.
The sectors in which we work are explained in our Practice Areas.